Some encouragement to start your week
- Why do we sleep through church where we worship the God of the universe but we can stay awake for a 3 hour movie?
- Why is it hard to pray when the God of the universe said He will listen but find it easy to curse, gossip, or slander others?
- Why do many 0f us never pick up the Bible but can discuss the latest Non-fiction or fiction book on the market in depth?
- Why are we able to worship celebrities, sports, families, and every other idol in our lives but not God?
- Why are we able to post all types of ridiculous things on our social network sites but can’t post scripture or honor God in our words and action in the public square?
“Do you believe that what you believe is really real? Because if you really believe that what you believe is real, then Christians will change the world.”
– Dr. Del Tackett, the Truth Project
I know that there are many more questions that I could have asked but I just wanted to ask some questions to hopefully change the trajectory for your week. These questions are just scraping the surface of our idols but I hope that begin to open our eyes to the difference between what we say and do.